Educational Program | California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices** | Sessions
*This program requires preregistration. Additional fees apply. Registration includes the post conference virtual session(s).
**This program is associated with the SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential and will fulfill the Educational Program component.
Updated for 2021, attendees will experience the full scope of dynamic and unique challenges human resource professionals face on a daily basis while leading workforces in California. Throughout the program, engage in frequent practical exercises and collaborative discussions designed to hone the competencies needed to interpret and implement human resource practices in California. Gain the knowledge to develop employment guidelines that satisfy the intricate California labor code, minimize potential litigation risks, and meet the strategic objectives of your organization.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
• Gain awareness with the new employment laws taking effect January 1, 2020.
• Accurately apply California wage and hour rules and regulations.
• Adhere to California benefits and workers’ compensation rules and regulations.
• Accurately apply California regulations regarding leaves of absence when calculating employee leave.
• Interpret and apply California employment regulations regarding security, safety and privacy.