Background Screening and Why You’re at Risk: More Challenges with ‘Ban the Box’ and FCRA Violations | Sessions
This session hits on some of the most misunderstood and litigious topics still troubling employers today, such as “ban the box,” the EEOC’s not-so-new guidance and how it plays into the hiring process, applicant authorization forms (an extremely hot area of litigation against employers), the adverse action process, how your screening firm may put you in harm’s way, and more. It’s a must-attend session for all HR professionals who are responsible for talent management, recruiting, hiring, risk and compliance practices—and for all HR stakeholders in general.
- Learn new ways employers are at risk, including their own screening firm, class-action lawsuits and negligent hiring liability.
- Learn all the components of “ban the box” and how to be compliant: what it is, what it means, who has banned it, whether you can still ask about criminal history and what exemptions exist.
- Learn how to properly administer adverse action, still one of the most misunderstood and litigious areas of background screening.
- Learn how to create compliant applicant authorization forms, another key area of employer litigation.
- Understand the EEOC guidance of 2012 and how to prepare and conduct compliant individualized assessments.