The Art of Executive Presence: A Woman’s Guide to Amplifying Your Career | Sessions
Women are told to “lean in,” “DRiVE” and put on their “bossypants” to achieve success in the working world. Cultural perceptions that associate men with leadership qualities and women with nurturing qualities put women in a tough spot when it's time to command a room and influence an audience. We discuss how presence is made up of three essential elements: gravitas (how you act), communication (how you talk) and perceived identity (how you look). Get tips for making a great first impression, staying engaged during meetings and showcasing confidence in all that you do. Learn best practices for keeping your cool under pressure and exhibiting the type of decisiveness needed to succeed.
- Understand the power of executive presence—how you should look, act and talk.
- Learn how to build rapport through strong nonverbal communication.
- Understand how to exude confidence and trustworthiness in high-pressure situations.
- Learn how to speak assertively and deliver key messages with poise and purpose.
- Learn how to command a presence in group meetings and one-on-ones.