Addressing Subtle Acts of Exclusion: A New Framework for Creating Truly Inclusive Workplace Cultures | Sessions
Research shows that subtle acts of exclusion (microaggressions) continue to happen to people who identify as members of marginalized groups—threatening inclusion, causing lack of job satisfaction, and impacting mental and physical health. Our speaker will provide a new framework for understanding these subtle acts of exclusion and having conversations about them that truly bring people together in a way that builds connection, trust and workplace inclusion.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how subtle acts of exclusion (microaggressions) threaten workplace inclusion.
- Practice recognizing subtle acts of exclusion.
- Learn a framework for collectively having bold conversations about subtle acts of exclusion when they happen—whether they happen to you, you want to speak up as an ally or you are the one who committed the act.
- Understand how to embed this framework into an organization—for leaders, managers and individual contributors.
- Visualize how this framework can increase openness, kindness, trust and inclusion in workplace cultures.