Becoming a Strategic Leader, Thinker and Value-Adder: The Role HR Must Play in Organizational Strategy | Sessions
During this session, participants will receive tools, resources and practical examples of how to be a strategic leader. Strategy isn’t something that is relegated to the board and the C-suite. Every leader must be strategic—and not just within their department. The focus of this session is less about leading strategy for the HR department and more about how HR can drive strategic thinking and add value throughout the business. The idea is that functional leaders don’t need you to wear your HR hat when you are serving them—they need you to wear your operations, sales, marketing and executive hats. Only when HR leaders begin to think strategically, act strategically and execute strategically will they really bring the most value possible to their organizations.
- Determine what your real value is to your organization.
- Find out what you might be doing that makes it difficult to do business with you and what you can do to fix that.
- Be prepared to lead strategic planning and thinking sessions for the departments or groups that you serve.
- Evaluate the readiness of your constituents to make real and lasting changes.
- Apply an organizational health model to your efforts to determine areas of ailing and good health.