Alcohol, Drugs and Mental Health and Their Impact on the Workplace | Sessions
Speakers Alexandria Hannah Walker and Lisa Joanne Elsworth aim to raise awareness of the issues surrounding alcohol in the workplace and how mental health and well-being is at the center of the problem. Participants will learn how lockdowns have increased the drinking habits of more than 20% of people, negatively impacting mental health. Even on a very simplistic level, normalized and “normal” drinking are problematic in the workplace. Our speakers will provide actionable takeaway tools for HR professionals to use when dealing with these issues in the workplace.
- Hear how people are impacted by alcohol, including how it impacts their sleep and mental health.
- Hear about the effects on the workplace in terms of absenteeism, presenteeism, inclusion, relationships, productivity, and health and safety.
- Discuss how alcohol impacts physical health and the relevance of this in the workplace.
- Learn how to have discussions about alcohol with colleagues and recognize problem drinking.
- Hear how alcohol is normalized and the impact of this on staff.