Performance Conversations: Coach Staff, Improve Productivity & Boost Confidence (Without Appraisals) | Sessions
A leader's role is to coach, counsel and cheer on their staff instead of evaluating them. Performance appraisals tear people down and demoralize them, a great manager builds people up through guidance, support and encouragement. Based upon a new book by SHRM, this session introduces a pioneering new performance improvement system, not a rehashed, outdated, traditional appraisal. This method focuses on the future, establishes rapport between the parties, builds employee skills and confidence, and fosters collaboration.
- Learn how to build a better performance management system.
- Discuss how to engage, empower, and encourage employees to perform at higher levels.
- Hear how to train managers to establish rapport with and coach employees.
- Redefine performance variables and expectations to include efforts, outcomes and behaviors--all dimensions of performance.
- Conduct a brief, structured and effective 30-minute performance conversation.
- Inspire millennials, remote workers and professional employees alike.