The New Golden Rule: Relationship Management Techniques That Work | Sessions
Have you ever heard someone say, 'I will NEVER understand her!', 'That's not how I would have reacted', or 'We will just NEVER get along.' If so, you're not alone. HR reports spending 24 to 60 percent of their time dealing with employee disputes. The reality is that you spend more time with the people at work than you do with your own family, yet only 55 percent of people actually like their co-workers. Wouldn't your life be more enjoyable if everyone at work could just get along? Uncover the secrets to working with the most difficult team members even while tuning in remotely and learn why the 'golden rule' is wrong when it comes to workplace communications.
- Understand your unique communication style and how it plays out on your team.
- Recognize the distinct style of coworkers, managers and direct reports.
- Learn to value and appreciate the different qualities that each individual brings to the team.
- Adapt, welcome and respect various personalities among team members to move toward a common goal.
- Work successfully and efficiently as part of a solid and high-functioning team.