Life is (No Longer) A Highway: Work from Home Implications for Multistate Employers | Sessions
Many companies are implementing long-term or permanent Work From Home (WFH) policies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. This provides a benefit to employees who no longer need to commute, but it raises multiple practical issues for multi-state employers: Do we need a WFH policy and what should be included? Can we apply the policy to some employees and not others? What are best practices when supervising employees in multiple locations? What are our wage and hour obligations, e.g., for expense reimbursement? How do we deal with employee mobility? Which state's wage and hour law applies if our offices are located in one state but employees live in a neighboring state? What if an employee wants to move to a new city or state that is not proximate to our physical locations?
- Discover key provisions to include in your WFH policy.
- Discuss employer considerations when not all employees will be eligible to WFH.
- Review timekeeping and performance management issues.
- Explore wage and hour issues.
- Determine which state law will apply