707: The DNA of Engagement: Leveraging Individual and Team Motivation to Enhance Team Dynamics | Sessions
As we assume new responsibilities that come with our new leadership roles, one of the most magical discoveries we make is our ability to effectively empower and build up others, and ourselves, through successful motivation. Whether working with the highest-performing employees or ones with room for growth, we constantly contemplate how to engage our teams and motivate them to succeed. Too often, we rely on external rewards, like using a carrot on a stick to motivate a horse to run, yet these can only work for so long. The people and projects we lead require different motivation styles, and we have an obligation to customize our approach to maximize each individual's intrinsic motivation. In this session, you’ll learn the building blocks of successful communication to enhance individual motivation and team engagement.
- Discover the three types of motivation.
- Determine specific strategies to create an environment where intrinsic motivation is especially high.
- Reflect on current leadership practices and apply new theories to enhance personal leadership.
- Establish a stronger community of like-minded individuals and rising thought leaders.
- Develop an action plan to implement key lessons into project leadership.
*Additional fee and registration required.