Engage. Lead. Deliver: Leadership Tenets for Tapping into the Collective Genius of Your People | Sessions
The presentation will focus on how HR can support the development of their organization's new leaders (0-5 years of experience) by teaching them how to tap into the collective genius of their followers. Strategies will be discussed for enhancing the ability of new leaders to engage their followers. We will explore the common anxieties and challenges that new leaders, who are armed with only a post-graduate education and have no prior training in professional leadership, face when they are given a role of leading people who are far more experienced and inherently know much more about the business. The intention of the presentation will be to provide HR Leaders with strategies for helping new leaders with succeeding in their roles of leading others and finding their authentic leadership signatures This discussion will ensure HR leaders will be able to prevent their new leaders from falling into the leadership pitfalls of showing up as a “ghost” or “dictator” leader.
- Learn about the role that new leaders play in executing an organization's strategy.
- Discover common struggles new leaders face that lead to failure and business losses, when they are given the task of leading others.
- Learn strategies for supporting new leaders that will ensure their long-term growth and organizational profits.
- Learn the three most common leadership characteristics new leaders begin with and the impact each has on the organization.
- Discover how the new leaders’ ability to engage their followers supports the mission, vision and values of the organization.